In an effort to better serve guests with physical disabilities and/or limited mobility, the Science of the Soul Study Centers in the USA have developed Special Needs Passes to permit access to a limited number of special parking spaces and/or to the Special Needs seating areas.
Please note the following rules and policies
- If you need to sit in a wheelchair or cannot walk, you must rent or bring your own wheelchair or mobility device to the site. The Center has no devices to loan. Businesses that rent wheelchairs are listed below.
- Those entering with a Special Needs Pass who have special aids or equipment of any sort, need assistance or hearing enhancement, will be seated in the Special Needs sections.
- Only those who need assistance may request seating for a companion, and the companion must remain with the cardholder. Other family members/spouses will be asked to enter and sit with the general sangat.
- Either a male or a female companion may accompany the Special Needs cardholder into the companion restroom. Please do not expect this service from sevadars.
- Please bring your Special Needs Passes with you to each Satsang Program.
When and how to apply
- You must apply every year if you wish to attend any Satsang Program where the Master will be present. Please complete the Application Form and return it to your local Secretary who will review it for accuracy, sign it, and forward it to the Special Needs sevadar at the Satsang Program Center.
- If you are not affiliated with or are unable to reach a local satsang center, please call the Special Needs sevadar at 707.981.4660 or email the Special Needs team at email@example.com.
- If you have other questions, please call the Special Needs sevadar at 707.981.4660.
- For Secretaries: Mail the application to Science of the Soul Study Center, 2415 East Washington Street, Petaluma, CA 94954, ATTN: Special Needs sevadar.
State handicapped placard and mobility-impaired parking rules
Those with Special Needs Passes or State Handicapped Placards may be dropped off at the Hall along with their canes, attendants, walkers and/or wheelchairs. If handicapped lots are both full, the cardholder may still be dropped off, but the driver will have to park in the overflow lot. Shuttle service will be provided from the overflow lot to the Hall.
- Those requiring medications or special diets are asked to bring an ample supply with them. The Center will not provide any medications or prescriptions for medications. Those with a diabetic condition, blood sugar issues or allergy issues are encouraged to carry what they need to deal with their condition.
- Hearing Services: Audio enhanced headsets are available for hearing assistance. If needed simultaneous transcription on a video monitor or American Sign Language translation may be provided depending on availability. Please contact Special Needs if you require this service.
- Only certified service animals are permitted.
The site is quite large and distances from the parking areas to the Hall and to the areas where meals are served are substantial, in some cases up to 1/4 or 1/2 mile. Those needing assistance in moving around the site are requested to bring their canes, scooters, walkers or wheelchairs.
Wheelchair rental in Petaluma area
It is best to call to arrange for rental before you arrive.
620 Petaluma Blvd. North, #A
Petaluma, CA 94952
4975 Sonoma Highway, CA-12
Santa Rosa, CA 95409
6620 Redwood Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94928